Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 
Tuesday track workout

Started up again with my speed work outs after taking a few weeks off due to weather. Today was focused on shorter but faster pace. These were done at 5:30 am and not my best time for speed work.

4x400
1) 85 sec
2) 84 sec
3) 87 sec
4) 86 sec

4x200
1) 42 sec
2) 40 sec
3) 44 sec
4) 44 sec

Each lap had a 90 sec recovery jog (200 meter) and then went right into the speed drill. I am okay with the 400m for that time of day but need to move the 200m closer to 35 sec. Most likely will have to be later in the day for that to happen. Just hard to wake up and 30 min later do speed work.

Total miles in the a.m. 4.5

Going to do an afternoon run with some friends for Mardi Gras. Just planning on an easy 4-5 miles tonight and rest day is Wednesday this week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Kurt! I'm a goober, i totally forgot how close you are, I bet you are closer than Atlanta :) Sorry, please forgive me :)

Nice interval workout! anytime your readouts are in seconds and not minutes, that's got to be a good sign :)
 
Speedwork that early in the day always impresses me. Happy belated birthday! You definitely have a thing for cheesecake - and ya' know, my half marathon PR was a wonderful autumn day after having pumpkin cheesecake the night before . . . ahhh, the stuff that dreams are made of!
 
Wow--speedwork in the morning--very impressive. I am just proud to get out and do some base miles in the morning! Hope the second run was fun, too!
 
I've done speedwork in the morning and I've found my paces are OK, but like you, kind of sluggish. My best time for running is in the PM. I was a track runner after all and that's when meets tend to take place!! (except the Saturday ones, but even those have at least a little bit later start) Still fairly nice consistency though, even if they weren't as fast as you wanted.
 
Nice work. I hate speedwork and try to avoid it--I always feel so sick when I'm done. I know I'll have to face it someday when I start looking at PRs and such.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?