Sunday, February 04, 2007

 
Week in Review

After finding new socks (yes the previous post was about my racing socks that I had to replace) I did manage to run 40 miles this week. Highlights were lame speed work on Thursday (freezing rain made me run like a slug again) but the more positive run was today. Melanie and I ran 16 miles at an easy 8:02 pace and was able to comfortably chat the whole time. A significant portion of the discussion was related to socks and other clothing items and how she and I both tend to use the same socks or outfits for races. Maybe it is superstitious of me but I always feel comfortable running in the same shirt and shorts and of course my favorite socks.

Goal this week is to cut it back to 30 miles and also do a 5K on Saturday. I will use that for speedwork and hope to break 19:30 in the cold. I have done no proper speedwork for a while so we shall see.

I continue to have fun tracking endless amounts of detail with the Garmin Forerunner 305 and don't understand why the family doesn't find it as fun and interesting as I do.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Glad you were able to get new socks (and glad that it was Target you chose to head to to find them, that other place is pure evil, and hey, in case you didn't know, that wonderful store's headquarters are in your favorite M state). :)
 
If the sock fits....
 
Good luck on Saturday!
 
Something about wearing your favorite socks/shorts/etc just gives that extra sense of comfort. One last thing to worry about. Glad you got replacement socks!

Good luck on Saturday!
 
16 miles at a comfortable 8 pace and can still chat? You amaze me!
 
garmins and details are a blast - your family might not get it, but all of your blogger friends will. I love that you used the terms 'easy' and '8:02' pace in the same sentence.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?