Thursday, March 22, 2007

 
I did 8 x 400's this am with the goal to keep the pace below 90 and take a 90 second jog recovery in between laps. I still find it hard to do the speed work at 5:30 a.m. but it is the only time I have available to me.

Did the proper warm up and here are the splits:

1) 84 (to fast)
2) 87
3) 86
4) 89
5) 87
6) 91 (dying off now)
7) 86
8) 94 (just nothing left for speed)

Did a bit longer cool down and called it a morning for running. Despite the pollen and the asthma issues I was pretty pleased with the times except the last split. Just wasn't able to pull it out.

On a side note, last night I went and saw the Count Bassie Orchestra and they were wonderful. I just love the big band jazz music live. They are really worth seeing if you get a chance.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
I'm going to start doing 400s and 600s for speedwork in preparation for my upcoming mile race...that's about the time frame that I think I want them in. How hard does that feel?? :)
 
Sorry to hear about the pollen and asthma issues. Hopefully you are able to get that under control.
 
The only speedwork I do at 5:30am is in my dreams. Way.to.go.
 
I don't know about doing speedwork that early in the morning. Body too tired.

That looks like a good workout - I'll have to try it sometime.

Good luck with the move - hope all's going ok on that front.
 
I really miss speedwork.

Sigh.....

Glad to see you're tearing it up for me. I am very much looking forward to hitting the track when I can again...
 
Well, if you average out your times, you hit your goal. I say that's good enough for speedwork at 5:30 freaking AM!
 
Great job getting it done! I like the side comment for #6.
 
Ewww!! I am so counting down the days until the piggy!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?