Sunday, March 04, 2007

 
Yesterday I ran the Rumba 5K race which typically has about 600 runners and is generally a fun course to run. The race was a beautiful day with sun and temp right at 70 degrees.

The first race was the 1 mile fun run and I did that with my daughter (9 years old) and she ran her fastest 1 mile to date and we finished in 12:01. No matter how the 5K went I was already extremely happy with that run and seeing how hard she kept going during the whole mile.

My goal was to run the 5K race hard to gauge where I am at on speed work. I had been concerned how I have been doing and with the change in asthma medication I was hoping for better times than I had been doing.

Race splits:
Mile 1) 5:58 (right on target)
Mile 2) 6:27 (slowing more than I wanted to)
Mile 3) 6:39 (fell apart at this point)
last .1) 42 sec

Total time 19:48

Despite my slug time I finished 1st in the age group (M45-49) and 28th overall.

We had the masters runner run 15:36 (John Hinton who is Joan Nesbitt's husband). Overall winner was 15:12 and the male grand master ran 17:22. Some fast guys were there today.

I have plenty of work to do to get my speed back to the 5K shape after the flying Pig half marathon. Still despite my 5K time being about 30 seconds of where I hope to finish I was thrilled with my daughters time. It did make the whole day so worthwhile.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Kurt!!! a sub-6 for mile 1!!! WOW! Congrats on the 1st place age group finish! Excellent!! And the mile run sounds so sweet, bless her heart, she will always remember that run with her daddy!
 
Congrats on the 1st place age group finish! You are definitely one of those fast guys that were there today!

I'm glad you had fun with your daughter.
 
Well done both of you!
 
Congrats to you and your daughter. You both should be proud!
 
I hate you...I want 70 degrees and perfect weather...this below 30 crap still sucks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?