Saturday, April 28, 2007

 
I ran this 5K race and had not done this one in several years. It was a strange day for all things considered. We arrived at the spot but very few cars where there (turned out they moved the start and didn't tell anyone). We eventually found the registration and after was registered only had enough time for a short 1.4 mile warm up. The weather was warm with temps already at 75 degrees. I went to take my inhaler for asthma and realized I left it at the home.

The race started and splits were as follows:

Mile 1) 6:05
Mile 2) 6:32
Mile 3) 6:47
.1) :47

Time was 20:15

In the 3rd mile I had leg cramps in the left calf and some real tightness. I eventually was able to finish the race and then stretch it out.

It was a small race, I finished 2nd out of 68.

I look forward to the taper for the Pig half next week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Yay for tapering!! Good luck!
 
Wow... you are so damn fast!!!

You still haven't told me when next month you're gonna be here! hmmmfph!
 
20:15. Not fair.
 
Good luck for my half. I'll wave to you at the finish line and hope to present you with some hardware.
 
Congrats on a great time.

Enjoy your taper.
 
they moved the start and didn't tell anyone? that's flippin' hilarious! It's like organizing a marathon and telling runners it was 27 miles after it's over. Oops! Did your lack of inhaler cause cramps, or did that not affect you and the cramps were from other random reasons?
 
I wish i could run that fast :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?