Saturday, April 14, 2007

 
Running and work update

I have successfully completed two weeks of work (and even received my first pay check!) but the hours were really long. First week I worked 70 hours and last week cut it back to 60. My running has shown the results of that with only 36 miles last week and may just barely get over 30 this week. I am enjoying my new job though!

Today I ran a 5 mile race that is well established and I was told it was tough. It was probably one of the more difficult races for me as I had not slept well and did not know the course. The course is very hilly and was a good indicator for the flying pig half marathon.

Split times were:
1) 6:17
2) 6:41
3) 6:55
4) 8:15 (really big hill for 1.25 miles and went up 800 feet elevation change)
5) 6:59

Total time was 35:11 finished 4th in A/G. Not sure where I was overall but probably around 25th or so. I would have placed in the 3 younger age groups but didn't this time. I missed it by 8 seconds and another 100 meters I think I would have caught the 3rd place finisher in my age group.

I didn't even run this in my racing shoes and worked more on pacing and getting use to racing on really big hills again. Tomorrow I will do a 4 mile race and do it in conjunction with my 15 miler I have planned.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Those are some fast splits! I'm glad I'm not the only who has trouble with pacing. :)
 
Great job in the race. Hope today's race/15 miler went well!

70 hour work week - CRAZY!!!
 
I hope work eases off soon!
 
What?? 70 hour work week?? That's no good. You need to run, then recovery, what's this "work" thing? seriously.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?