Sunday, April 01, 2007

 
Week in Review

I did have a decent week of training this week. With a month to go to the Pig Half Marathon I needed to step up the training and get more serious.

Total miles for the week was 46 and included 1 day of speed work, 2 days of hills (one very hard with speed drills in it).

I am running my 8 x 800's comfortably at a 3:10 pace with a 90 second jog recovery and when I get serious for the 5K training will work on them back to the 2:55 pace.

Long run was only 13.55 miles this week at a 8:09 pace with the group. Ran and chatted the whole way and just enjoyed my last group run in Wilmington.

Highlight of the week was taking my youngest to the aquarium in Charleston and staying the night with the fishes (school outing for the night field trip). Saturday I drove up after the group run to Chapel Hill and visited oldest son and then made it to Baltimore for the night. Sunday I made it to Long Island where I am settled in a Hilton Garden in for the next 2 months.

I look forward to joining the running clubs here and participate in new races.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
What a crazy, but fun, travel week. You do such an awesome job being disciplined with your workouts - nice job!

How cool to have an overnight with the fish!
 
Have a good week of training!
 
WHAT? I thought the highlight was talking to me??? :-)
 
Enjoy your week!
 
Hi Kurt! I'm back! When are you gonna send me my socks?
 
Hilton for 2 months!? Hope they treat you well!
 
Sounds like a busy week. I cannot imagine mixing in training with travel and living in a hotel. Hope you find a good running club!
 
Wow..that's a long time to live in a hotel--but smart if you're waiting for the right house. Enjoy NY!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?