Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 
I am not prepared.

I am running a half marathon on Sunday (Flying Pig) and have never gone into a targeted race feeling so un ready. My training has not gone well, the crazy hours at work and increase in asthma related issues aren't helping. But mostly mentally I am just not their yet. Typically when I start getting close to a target race all I do is live, breathe and die about the race. I drive everyone nuts. I become so focus that I am ready.

Running is as much mental as anything. I am racing a buddy of mine for a cheesecake. Normally that would be enough for anything and yet I am not fully motivated for it.

Of course I will have family their, several friends and the joy of my grand daughter. Not to mention I will be racing my son in law and totally showing him I may be older but still top racing dog in this family.

I am struggling with many changes in my life right now. Friends, family and life are a constant balancing.

On the good news I have a place for two months on the beach here in Long Island until my house that I am buying is ready for me to close on.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Don't worry 'top dog', you can do a half-mary in your sleep. Just think about that cheesecake on a string just out of reach. hehe. :)
 
Just imagine that cheesecake dangling in front of you. I know that would help me!

I'm sure you will do great and everything will come together on Sunday.

Good luck!!
 
Mmm... cheesecake.
 
I so know the feeling...pretty much why I've opted out of Grandma's and am not sure I'm going to run this 1 mile today that I'm supposed to.
 
Sometimes we aren't prepared for life. Not being prepared for a race is sorta like practice for life. You still have to go out there on the given day, with whatever shape your body is in, and do the best that you can with those circumstances. Doing your best is all you can ask of yourself. Some days it's harder than you think though, and that's where that 'mental' part you mentioned comes in.

The beach house sounds great!
 
So....What happened?
 
I am sure you will run a good half marathon. Our body doesn't forget all the workouts done and during a race the different feeling (approach) helps to run faster.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?