Sunday, May 27, 2007

 
I ran this 5K which was originally scheduled the same weekend as the Boston Marathon. The race was delayed then due to severe weather.

I used this race simply as a speed drill in preparation for the 5 mile race next weekend. Friday we did a hard tempo run and Saturday we ran an easy 10.3 miles so I was running this race with tired legs.

Weather was warm with temps in low 70's and roughly 70% humidity making it the first warm race of the year.

Goal was to break 20 minutes and see if I could pull it out with the limited training I had done.

Split times are as follows:

Mile 1) 6:07
Mile 2) 6:34
Mile 3) 6:35
.1) 0:39

Total time was 19:57 for a 6:25 pace. I finished 3rd in age group with roughly 200 runners for the race.

I was pleased with my time all things considering and hope to be around 32 to 32:30 on the 5 miler next week.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Congratulations and well done as usual, Kurt. I hope my times get to be near a whiff of yours as I approach that age group.
 
Wish placing could be the norm for me... you are just so speedy!

I'm sure you could break 40min in Boulder next year. My goal for next year is to break 50min. Yeah... not nearly as fast as you.

Good luck at this weekend's 5 miler!
 
Another great race, congrats! And now good luck for the next one (5 miler).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?