Saturday, June 16, 2007

 
Diamond Dash 5K Race Results

Today I did the first of two 5K's this weekend. With the goal to start racing myself back into 5K shape this was a good opportunity to see how I was doing especially after doing the speed workout 5K on Wednesday.

Weather was a tad warm at 75 degrees but a nice gentle wind was blowing so I never felt heat was an issue.

Roughly 700 people showed up for this race and I knew it was going to be competitive when I saw several of the running clubs show up in force.

Did my usual 2.25 mile warm up and then did the race.

Mile 1) 6:03
Mile 2) 6:31
Last 1.1 mile) 7:12

Total time was 19:47 for a 6:22 pace

Mile 1 was a tad short according to my garmin and mile 2 compensated for it.

Overall 33rd, 5/35 in M 45-49 age group. No hardware but still I enjoyed it. The guy who I beat on Wednesday by 6 seconds for 2nd place was there and he was ahead of me the whole way. I was slowly realing him in and caught up with about a 100 meters to go. At that point we both did a semi kick (not much in the tank though) and I beat him by 1 second. It was his PR so he was pretty happy.

Tomorrow I hope to break 20 minutes.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
I hope you get two sub-20 5Ks in a row!

Your advice in the previous post was very helpful - thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?