Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 
Going to try to run with the big dogs this weekend.

This Saturday is the Long Island 4 Mile Championship race and this is a USATF sponsored event. This race promises to bring out the best in the NY area as I understand it so I decided to drag my sloth body to the race and see how I can do. My goal is to run anything under 26 minutes (6:30 pace) and hopefully have a top 10 in the age group placement. I ran an easy 6.1 miles last night, will do 4 or so tonight and take two days off to rest the legs.

All this is in preparation for my trip to Seattle where I will do my annual race with Coach Tammy (she did the Olympic Tri this weekend). Hopefully this year Jessi (who just ran a great tri)and her soon to be husband Tom (just watch your socks around them) will make it also. Tammy and Jess are awesome athletes.

If you get a chance read their race reports plus my blog buddy's race report in Colorado, Tri Shannon. She also did a great tri this weekend. She was very impressive with her race.

These women are all amazing athletes with their times and effort they put into the training and the races. They think I am fast (they are very kind to me) but I admire them. I think they are great athletes!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
"run with the big dogs this weekend"????

I thought you were the BIG DOGS?!?!?!?!
 
Seruously... "run with the big dogs." I bet most of the other runners (I know I would) put you in that category.

Thanks for the kind words. This year has been all about distance, distance and more distance. Maybe another year will be speed focused for me.
 
Best of luck to you!! I think you are a bigger dog than you realize!! :)
 
WOOF!

Thanks Kurt... lookin' forward to racing with you soon. Remind me, and I'll even get you some Cycle U socks! :)
 
Thanks for the kind words!

So when exactly are you coming to Seattle? Are you gonna do a tri?
 
Good luck for the race. Eat some cheesecake, drink some beer, kick some a$$!
 
Best of luck this weekend! You are going to rock this race! :) Sending you good vibes!!
 
Good luck. Maybe racing with the bigger dogs is what you need to push over and really move into great things...it does suck living in areas where there are lots of fast people!
 
Good luck! I think you're probably done by now--Can't wait to hear how you did.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?