Sunday, June 03, 2007

 
I ran the 5 mile race today.

It was a competitive race as it was one of Long Islands Grand Prix Races in conjunction with a Duathalon. First mile went well on pace (6:22) and then the whole thing fell apart for me. Basically asthma kicked in and ran the race lighted headed and getting sick every mile or so. At the end I had to be helped to the water and medical for oxygen.

Final time was 34:48 or a 6:52 pace. I was 8th out of 28 in age group (M45-49) and 42nd out of 265 who competed for the 5 mile competitive category. It was my 3rd worse 5 miler race I have run (one other when I was really sick and the other was on a very difficult course). Long hours at work, lack of sleep and new pollens are not helping me right now.

Tomorrow I will run and see how it feels.

Comments:
Sorry about the asthma thing...that sucks and I know it's all relative, but it's still a good time. And just think, when things are under control with the asthma, you'll be kicking butt!
 
Geez - that's awful. I hope that you are feeling better soon!!
 
Wow... hope you are feeling better! Make sure you are taking care of yourself!
 
Try NOT running for a bit. The bod is talkin', you not listenin'. Take a short break and work on your cheesecake eatin'. :)
 
Yikes! Be careful!!!!!

Okay, and not to steal the thunder of your asthma attack, but you still finished in a 6:52 pace??? You are my hero!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?