Monday, July 02, 2007

 
Firecracker 5K race results.

Sunday I ran the subject race and it was unique with a start time of 5pm when it was a tad warmer (85 but no humidity thankfully). This was also a USATF Grand Prix race for the Long Island clubs.

I did my usual warm up and as I looked at the front I could see that this was going to be a fast group.

Splits were as follows:

Mile 1) 6:12
Mile 2) 6:36 (loose gravel on trail slowed us down)
Mile 3) 6:28
.1) :36

Total time 19:52 pace 6:24

Overall finished 68/678 7/59 in the M45-49 age group.

Race proved to be competitive as I suspected it would be. We had several kids in the 15 to 16 min range. Top to in my age group were low and mid 17's with the 3rd in the age group being low 18's. Still a lot of work to do on the speed side of it.

Nevertheless I felt I ran the race well considering with the house move and putting up things in the house I just bought.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Sounds like things in the new place are well. Have a beer and lie down on the couch!
 
Wow, that is a fast group...it still is something that I'm guessing could push you to the next level eventually...good job. I'm still contemplating a 5K that runs at 7 pm...mid July...
 
Holy smokes--you were 7th with that time?!?!?! Sheesh! That's some serious company!

We have a fun race that starts at 8pm here at the end of July--4 miles, then finishes at the House of Blues, where they have a concert and everyone gets 2 free beer tickets. So fun!

LOL--I can join you on your recovery lap in Akron next week but I prolly won't be much help in the speedwork department. :)
 
Sounds like a fast group!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?