Saturday, July 14, 2007

 
Getting caught up now.

What a week, made a trip to Akron Ohio on Wednesday where I met TriSaraTops for lunch. Now I have met 2 bloggers in 1 year and will continue to strive to meet more(Try Piggy your on my list still to meet and race against!). To say she was glowing would be an understatement. She was just as lovely in person as she is on her blog and was a real joy to meet her. She and Matt will be wonderful parents and she is one awesome athlete.

I am thinking of going to Wisconsin in September to see Sara's friend and fellow super studette TriShannon with my youngest daughter to watch the Shannon kick arse at the WI Ironman. Oh yes as far as meeting bloggers I am planning on crashing Running Amy's wedding next year(I saw wedding crashers and figure her wedding with the 5oo people she is inviting will be perfect she won't notice I am there and I plan on eating and drinking at her and her soon to be husband Troy's expense LOL).

In August I will be going out to Seattle to see family and my youngest son who is in the Navy stationed out there. While there I will be running with very beautiful and exceptionally smart but hopelessly misguided in her location (think NY) Tammy and hopefully see GingerbreadMan who is also expecting a blog baby along with the amazing Tri Super Athlete sock stealing Jessi.

Saturday I ran the Rolling Thunder 5 Miler race and it was both a challenging and a fun race. This is another evening race with the race starting at 6 pm. The race was part of the Long Island USATF Grand Prix series so it was going to be competitive.

Temp at race time was 87 but the humidity was tolerable (much better than the NC humidity that I was use to). This course starts flat and then goes up gradually for an elevation change of about 300 feet over a course of 2 miles and then works it way down until the last mile where it is flat. I had never run this race before so didn't know what to expect.

Split times are as follows:

Mile 1) 6:39
Mile 2) 6:52 (feeling the heat and the hill at this point)
Mile 3) 6:33
Mile 4) 6:40
Mile 5) 6:34

Total time 33:44 (avg pace 6:44)

Finished overall 22/roughly 400 and 5/37 in age group

Felt good and pleased with the results especially given my recent problem with my left heal and right knee. Next race is a one miler in August so I will be doing a 5K Wed night and hitting the track for more 200 work outs to prep for it.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
In a 5K race with you, I'd probably need a 4.5K head start.

Happy running and hope you're settling in well.
 
all sub 7's you can't sneeze at that! nice job!
 
"exceptionally smart but hopelessly misguided..." Um, yeah, that sounds like me alright! ha.

Alas, Miss Jessi will NOT be racing with us, as she HAS to do a triathlon that weekend. A triathlon *I* would be doing if I hadn't promised a certain runner who is a-scared of bicycles that I would race with him. sigh. Maybe we can convince her and Tom to join us at the zoo?? But only if we fit it between her training sessions. ;)
 
Are you scared of bicycles . . ? You sure get around the country, I'm jealous. Great job running in the heat!
 
Would be great to meet you in WI. So fun to put a face... a real person... to an online friend.

As always, way to represent at the race!
 
I have been officially notified that I have to get the guest list under 500...dangit. Saying "I've been planning this day since I was a little girl" doesn't get any sympathy from the soon-to-be groom's perspective.

But it sure would be fun to have my very own wedding crasher!!!!!
 
Ahem. I... I have something clever to say to defend myself, but I just can't think of it right now. Stop making fun of me because I race and train! Yeah, yeah, that's it!
 
Nice job on the race!! :)

My camera is swallowing pictures right now, but hopefully I can get it tomorrow! Agh! Sorry it's taken me so long. I've also been in remodeling hell this week, but we finally finished! Yahooooo!!!

So good to meet you last week--hope our paths cross again! Wish I could go to Madison, too, but I will have to settle for Ironmanlive.com...I'm gonna be glued to it, that's for sure!
 
Sorry I'm late, but congrats on the good run in the heat. Lower humidity certainly helps.

I was thinking it'd be fun to watch WI Ironman, but not sure if I'll be able to make it down there or not.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?