Sunday, July 22, 2007

 
Upcoming races

I am going to do a 1 mile race on August 11th as part of the Grand Prix USATF series. My goal is to break 5:30 on this and I think I will need devine intervention for this to occur. Oh well I will train for it and see what happens. I am running a lot of hills and doing 200's twice a week. I shoot for sub 35 seconds on them with no more than a 90 second recovery (so far I have only done the speed work once this week I do it twice). I will start with 8 x 200 shooting for 12 x 200. These are the most painful runs I do but it is good for me. I need to really work on improving my speed to compete.

Next race after that is with Coach Tammy in Seattle on August 18th. I am flying back to visit my son (he is stationed in the Navy out there) and visit my mother and nieces. Tammy and I are doing a 10K where my goal is to be somewhere around or less than 41 min. I don't know the course but it is at a brewery so if I don't do well I can always drown my sorrows in some yummy tasting beer.

Today's run went well. I took my son in law out for 8.1 miles of hills and then dropped him off at home. We kept it easy for him (8:06 pace) and then I went and did another 3.55 miles of tempo running after that. Of course I decide to go to the beach after that and relaxed and enjoy the day!

I hope this finds everyone well.

Enjoy the day!

Comments:
Nice running...ah, a 10K ending at a brewery...I think I'm finally going to run the "James Paige Blubber Run" 5K this year...it ends with beer and has a beer stop in it. My current has run it with buddies of his before and has always started with the lead pack but they say goodbye at the beer stop and usually finish close to last...ah the fun.
 
Thanks for your top tips. I will give them a try when the weather improves over here!
 
I have no hills nearby to train on. Are they necessary?
What about stair running?
PS.
Portland has better beers than Seattle!
; )
 
Hmm... Kara may be right. But Ptld doesn't have Coach Tammy, so there!

See ya soon... don't get toooooo fast on me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?