Sunday, August 26, 2007

 
Week in Review:

Not much to report this week, doctors are still not talking to me fully on the kidney issues. Looks like a kidney stone and hopefully that will be the last of that. Trust me it isn't much fun to have one of those.

This week I ran 35.75 miles mainly hills. Starting with Monday I was able to run from Capital Hill in Seattle over some other hill and then run over the I 90 floating bridge. It was a tough fun run and really fun.

Tuesday I was in Galena Illinois (about 2.5 hrs from Chicago and ran hills there. Much more humid than Seattle but still was fun. Did another run while I was there on Wednesday.

Thursday I was back in NY and ran every day but Thursday. Really worked on doing more hills also and really trying to get back into running more consistent than I have been. Last few races reflect the training I have put into it.

I am also doing each night when I am in town a 1 mile walk with my youngest. She is 9 yrs old and we spend that time talking and of course she is getting exercise. This is very important to me that she learn to incorporate exercise into her life. She enjoys swimming and being a critter running around but at the same time I want her to have a everyday routine. We usually do this after dinner now.

By the way make sure you give TriShannon your best wishes and support. She is going to race an Ironman Wisconsin in a few short weeks. She is a remarkable athlete and I have been tracking her blog and progress for several months now. I am proud of her accomplishments and very impressed by what she has done.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
nice job putting in the miles even with the kidney issues.. something like that would make me hang my hat up, way to persevere....
and that's wonderful to not only show your daughter by example what regular fitness is, but to take the time to work with her..
 
Thanks for your support Kurt!! I'm on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster right now. :) Apparently I have the taper blues... actually found an article on active.com about it. Guess that's what happens when a year of training comes down to this.

Sounds like you had a good running week. I think it is great you are walking with your youngest!
 
It's great that you're getting your critter to develop exercise as a part of life.

Keep well and look after that kidney.
 
I hope they can zap that kidney stone for you.

Good job getting your runs with all of your traveling.
 
I'm behind...good job on the mileage. Hopefully things are figured out soon on your kidney thing. I've been so inconsistent in mileage and I almost think I just need a break.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?