Thursday, November 15, 2007

 
Mid week training plan correction

So here goes the week, it is looking good, doing a decent but hard 4 miles on Monday, did doubles on Tuesday for 10 miles and thinking I would run somewhere around 45-50 miles for the week when I see an email from Juan. Juan is our team captain for the racing team and I only get emails when their is a race and sure enough there is a race on Saturday that I forgot about.

So the decision was do I taper a little or screw the race and keep on my training plan to be able to run with Pace Bunny Shannon next October as well as my race on T day with son in law?

I decided to take Wednesday off, ran 5 on Thursday will do 4 on Friday (easy) and do what I can on the race. It is a 5K so it will give me some sense of where I am at in race condition. I will then do a double work out that afternoon and easy 10 miles on Sunday. Then comes the taper for the 5K on the race Thursday (Thanksgiving day) with son in law and the beer and cheesecake bet!

I am still working on the wedding crashing plans with Amy (I think a herd of sheep might be appropriate for her and Troy but considering other options also).

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Good luck in your Saturday race.
You're sooo fast!
 
So Saturday is a tune up for the BIG competition... win that cheesecake! Wow, cheesecake sounds good!!

Okay, clearly you don't know how slow I am. My "fast" is your easy. Perhaps we should pick a shorter race and you should pace me?!? :)
 
I seem to keep adjusting the little bit of a training plan I have in place too...I wish I could get something set in stone, but that glute pain it still there and seems like it's never going to go away and let me get back to "normal" training for me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?