Monday, November 19, 2007

 
Race Report of the Mineloa Mustang 5K.

Today was one of those races that reflects the training that one has
put into the previous period. In other words my lack of consistent
training and doing speedwork really reflected.

This is a very popular race, it is a Long Island USATF Grand Prix race
and is just outside of the big bad city so it tends to be bigger and
more competitive. This year proved to be no different.

It was cold with temps in low 40's but fortunately the threat of rain
held off during the race.

Race started and my splits were 6:20/6:25/7:05 for a 5K time of 19:50
or 6:23 pace. Clearly my speed has really taken a hit with the lack
of doing any type of speed work.

I finished 64/847 overall and 12/63 in age group.

I have resolved myself when I get back from Thanksgiving to do a
weekly track session to work on my leg turnover.

Now comes the big challenge the turkey day race against my son in law.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Bet you'll beat him...you do love your cheesecake...Did I mention that we have a Cheesecake Factory? Oh, and the restaurant I figure on for dinner the day before TCM has some good desserts (including great cheesecake). It's my favorite Italian place in the city.
 
Geez...I just love it when "slow" is a sub 20 minute 5k....you have a Happy Turkey Day and WORK ON THAT LEG TURNOVER because we would hate for that time to actually get slower....

Okay, sorry for being so sarcastic. But I think you did fantastic and would love to run that freakin fast!!!

PS. Did you watch Oprah yesterday? It was filmed in my hometown...watch next Tuesday for the behind the scenes show...you'll get to see where the wedding will be!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?