Monday, November 12, 2007

 
Week in Review

Work kept me busy a few days this week and simply did not have the time or opportunity to run as much. New boss is in place and he wanted to have after work dinners for a few days. I felt obligated to attend those dinners (probably smart move for my career) to go to them.

I ended up running 33 miles over 4 days. Most of that came on Saturday where I did 10.25 miles and Sunday where I did 12.25 miles. Both were primarily hill running as I build my base back up. I am thinking of heading to the track more but with a 4 mile race and a 5K race (against Son in Law in upstate NY) I want to go into them strong.

I did enjoy my weekend very much despite living in the non grit eating frozen state of New York. Frozen mornings like this remind me why I miss the South so much!

My soon to be 10 yr old has her first swim meet of the winter on her Birthday so I will be having to change dates for the B day. Glad I didn't send the invitations out yet.

Goal this week is to get in 40-45 miles. Next week will cut back but 2 races in 4 days will compensate for the speed work. Son In Law says he thinks he is ready to beat me so I am sure we will be pushing each other pretty hard on the 5K. I still have about 30 second edge even running like a sloth that I am. Goal on that is to be as close to 19:30 as possible.

Enjoy the day everyone!

P.S. After reading Tri Shannon's post I can tell she has agreed to be my pace bunny at Twin City Marathon next year. She rocks!

Comments:
I hate after work dinners!

33 miles over 4 days sounds a little crazy to me. Whoa.

Hope you get your miles in this week, a little more spread out.
 
If only you knew how out of my league fast you are. I could pace you for oh... maybe 2 minutes. How about when you finish you come back and pace me for however many miles I might still have to go.

About the flexibility thing. I am the world's most unflexible person... always have been. I cannot even touch my toes. So, when I say work on my flexibility it is to become "normal" not super-flexible. :)

Good luck at the 5k!!
 
Have a good 5K! Looks like you are getting your mileage up.

We have grits here in Missourah!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?