Sunday, January 20, 2008

 
Catching Up

My good buddy Running Amy reminded me that I haven't posted for almost 3 weeks. Sorry I have been extremely busy with life, work, parenting and seeing my girl friend.

I work as a Controller for a public company and when January 1st came it was our year end. I am really busy with year end reports, tax packages along with ensuring various year end activities are completed.

Since I last posted I did one race on the 1st and it was a 3 mile race. Time was 19:08 and 1st in M45-49 age group and 15th out of 200 overall.

I also had tendinitis in my left leg and that has kept me from running for two weeks. I hate that! So like all good banged up runners I gave it a week of complete rest and then hit the bike and swimming. This week I rode 86 miles on a stationary bike along with 1700 meters of swimming.
I see the doctor tomorrow (Monday) and hope to be cleared to start running again. I will probably continue to swim and bike as cross training (no I am not doing a sill Tri LOL).

I also moderate an online running group Joy of Running (JOR) feel free to join our yahoo group and enjoy a good daily discussion on running, exercise and life in general topics.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
Glad to hear you are okay (despite the leg issue)! Hope it goes welll tomorrow!
 
props on the 19:00 on the 3 miles.

Hows the swimming coming???
 
thanks for the blog visit...
best in training...
all the best
 
Looks like life's caught up with running!

Hope your leg's okay and keep doing what you do best ... which is C_E puzzles, running fast, and blogging (how's that for a hint?)
 
1st in M45-49 age group and 15th out of 200 overall is a wonderful performance. I am lucky not to be in your same age group! Good luck with the doctor, meanwhile enjoy swimming and biking.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?