Sunday, February 24, 2008

 
Back from Vacation

I was off work last week in VT with Marsha and enjoyed an enjoyable time doing vacation things. I went to the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory, visited an apple cider and apple pie making location, shopped a little, ate a lot and of course did some running. It was nice to run in the mountains again and the course I was running was all uphill at first and then leveled out. The view was incredible along with the quietness of it. Snow was not much of an issue fortunately and the single digit temps were not a problem.

We stayed in a nice Bed and Breakfast and both Marsha and I enjoyed just doing a lot of resting.

Here are a few pictures of the place I went running:

and here is a different view of the mountain I was running up:


I started at the base of it and ran the 1300 ft it takes to get to the top where I was. I was down to 10 min miles by the top and felt it in the legs. Of course coming back I was running closer to 6 min miles and felt good!

YTD Stats (as of Sat 2/23/08)

Run 145.65 miles
Bike 339.75 miles
Swim 7,650 meters

Running is still behind schedule but getting better. Still feel a little twinge of the tendinitis so it is a careful balance with the mileage and ensuring the leg stays injury free.

Enjoy the week everyone.

Comments:
great photos, brother kurt..

amici

i think thats a phi psi thing we used to say. haha.

we had the weed smokers (i was not one of them)
the beer drinkers(i was defintely one of them) and the jocks who played mostly lacrosse..
you, being from long island know alot about lacrosse i am sure.
by the way..looked like a gorgeous run.
 
Glad you both had a good time.

Keep that leg injury free. Eat an extra portion of ice cream for it.
 
What a tremendous workout! Bet you had a great sleep after all that fresh mountain air.
Nice pics.
 
Definitely be careful about the running...you need to be healthy to pace me in the fall!! Then we can both run Boston in 09!! Although by then, with my trip to NY in August and then TCM in October, you might not want to see me again that soon!!
 
Hi Kurt!

Yeah, I know it's been a long while; nice to see you're still at it.

;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?