Monday, April 28, 2008

 
Still fighting injuries

Left leg continues to bother me but I am slowly getting over it. Hammie is much better and the knot I have been feeling in my left side of the tush is almost all gone. Just down to a very tender left knee and the spot in my leg where I have been fighting tendinitis. I am trying to find the balance to run and heal and pretty much have stopped the bike for a few weeks. I also am running maintenance miles and not heavy mileage.

One good thing I found out is that I am a good swimmer. I ran my swim times by Tammy and Sara and they both said I was having good times.

Next week is the half marathon. Goal was a modest 1:30:00 but due to mileage (lack of) and ongoing knee I am thinking realistic might be 1:32:00. I will run a 6:45 pace and see what I can hold onto.

YTD Stats:


YTD Act Goal % Accomplished
Swim 14,200 35,000 40.6%
Bike 529.35 2,500 21.2%
Run 439.35 1,600 27.5%




Swim 8.82 21.74 Miles


This week I put in a lot of pool time and swam 4,650 meters. Biking was 0 and running was 32.55 miles.

After this I am looking at doing a running camp in July. It is in state and I have never done one and I think it would be fun for myself to do one. I am also going to get a coach and finally get serious about dealing with injuries and work on running faster and being able to compete again the way I want to. I need to in order to also keep up with Danielle who is also being coached and is a much better runner than she gives herself credit for. She will be pacing me at the Twin City Marathon this October.

Enjoy the week everyone

P.S. TriShannon kicked butt on her recent Tri!

Comments:
hi kurt...
what have you been doing for your hammy???

thanks for the visits
 
Rest up and don't push it (easier said than done for sure).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?