Sunday, April 13, 2008

 
Today I ran the inaugural 10K at Stony Brook University today. Much like last week I did hill work the day before and was planning on running with tired legs. All this in preparation for the half marathon in a few weeks. I had less road mileage this week overall due to work and taking care of my daughter but more bike mileage. I also was out last night at a Bar Mitzvah party and drank more beer than I probably should have (3) and was running on about 5.5 hours of sleep last night.

Race was very well organized, accurate and mile splits were right on course. I knew this would also be a hilly course.

Small race with 90 runners and only a half a dozen of older runners with the rest being primarily college students.

Mile splits were as follow:

Mile 1: 6:27 gradual down hill
Mile 2: 6:51 gradual up hill
Mile 4: 14:09 (missed mile 3 marker) and rolling up and down hills but going mainly up
Mile 5: 7:03 more hills
Mile 6 6:33 down hill
.2: :42 seconds

Overall time was 42:28 (6:50 pace) which is what I would have hoped for. Ran my planned half marathon pace (which will be basically flat) and felt pretty good. I was 7/90 Overall and 1/3 in M45-49 age group. Great medals and nice goody bag also.

So go figure I ran a minute faster than last week and enjoyed this race much more. I attribute it to mentally being more into this week thanks to TriShannon and her kind words to me.

YTD Stats:


YTD Act Goal % Accomplished
Swim 9,550 35,000 27.3%
Bike 508.75 2,500 20.4%
Run 381.85 1,600 23.9%


For a graphic representation of my by month mileage. Yes I track all of my own mileage and make by month charts since 2004. January of this year is down due to the injury.
Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
you ran a minute faster because you had less sleep and you enjoyed a few cold ones....

if only training like that could produce quicker times...haha

anyone who is sub 7 minutes is a freak to me..haha...

good job
 
Great job on the race and placement!! You rock...it's nice to get nice medals too!! You're going to rock the half!
 
I don't mind hilly races as long as they end with a nice steady downhill...
Great time!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?