Sunday, April 06, 2008

 
Yesterday I ran another 10K and lets just say it took me a day to post my results as I didn't even want to look up my final placing. As you can tell I ran very poorly on what should
have been a very good race. I did the 10K race as part of 13 mile
run and expected to run easily under 43 minutes during the race and
keep the 7 miles at an easier pace. I ran 3 mile before the race and
did finish the 3.8 mile after the race to do the run. I should do a 10K closer to 40:30 when I really get motivated.

The day was perfect for racing. It was mid 50's, sunny and only a
gentle breeze. Course was pretty flat and basically a big rectangle.
Lot of water stops and all the intersections were blocked. It was
the first real nice day we have had on the frozen north.

Race went off and I could tell almost from the beginning it was not
going to be a good race for me. I just didn't feel like there was
much in the tank and I am thinking the hill run on Thursday along with
double run on Wednesday took a little more out of me than I
anticipated. Mainly though I just wasn't in the race mentally. For
whatever reason I just didn't have the drive to do it today.

First 5K I did in 21:12 (6:50 pace) and 2nd 5K I did in 22:17 (7:11
pace). Final time was 43:29 or a 7 min pace. Finished 10/37 in
M45-49 age group and 77/538 overall. Afterwards did a 15 mile bike
ride to get some cross training in.

Next week I have one more 10K that will be hilly and may try to find a
5K in 2 weeks to get one more fast tempo run in. All of this is in
preparation for the half marathon in early May that I am targeting.

YTD Numbers:


YTD Act Goal % Accomplished
Swim 9,550 35,000 27.3%
Bike 470.15 2,500 18.8%
Run 350.95 1,600 21.9%




Swim 5.93 21.74 Miles

I do convert the swim to miles based on a metric conversion formula.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Kurt

Comments:
its so nice to have the good weather..(its not mexico, but i am not bitching)

sorry about the saturday night thing with kansas...could not believe it.
 
I can totally relate to the not being in it mentally. That has been me all week with interval workouts in all 3 disciplines. And not being in it mentally for me = giving up, getting mad at myself, pushing myself and giving up again... a vicious cycle throughout the entire workout.

You are still fast!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?