Saturday, April 22, 2006

 
The Year of the PW's

Yep it happened again. My 4th worse 10K ever. Why you ask? Well lets see they tweaked my asthma medicine and as a result I had 3 hrs sleep on Mon, 4 hrs on Tue, 3 hrs on Wed, Thur and Friday! Wow it is amazing to find otu that sleep is over rated unless you plan to run a 10K!

Final time was (ugh) 45:18. I ost this to show that even when we normally run well we all have bad days and this was one of them. Funny thing due to a lack of competition I ended up 2nd in age group! I will take the hardware and be happy with that.

I have 5 weeks to prepare for the next 10K and will try to get the breathing back in control (what a crappy alternative sleep or breathing).

Back to the doctor and will need to find a few more 5K's to do before then and find the way to run hard with out breathing any longer!

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear that your asthma has been affecting your running lately.

Continue to remain an inspiration to us slowpokes!
 
I hope you start to feel better soon.

But you continue to amaze me with your 'o-so-slow-times!' I'd be pretty happy with a 10K time like that. :-)
 
Hopefully the allergy meds are corrected now and you are able to get some sleep. But managing a time like that with lack of sleep, imagine what will happen when you get some sleep...you're going to tear up the course!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?