Sunday, July 02, 2006

 
Freedom Run 5K results

Yesterday I ran the 26th annual freedom run 5K here in North Carolina. As I indicated an earlier post it was miserably hot and humid (temps were in upper 80's with 97% humidity) for the race. This is the one course that I have never broken 20 min on and had every intention of doing it when I ran it.

Unfortunately while I ran my best time on this course it was still 20:11 for finish time so it will have to wait to next year for my goal of breaking it. I finished 23rd out of 332 runners and 5th in the age group (M 45-49) so no hardware for me this year. The ironic thing was I thought the competition would be a little less in the new age group but I still finished ahead of the first male in the 40-44 age group. Oh well at least it was fun, hot and a good work up for the Tri Span 10K next week.

I ran an easy 8 miles this morning to relax and recover from the race and will be at the beach this afternoon. Turning out to be a pretty relaxing day for me.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Comments:
Congrats for the great and fast race. Don't worry, in my region (Lazio, capital is Rome) it is the same, the fastest runners are in the 45/49 a.g. But by this year I am in the 50/54!!!!!!
 
Way to stick it out on a tough day! Yeah, I used to think it would get EASIER when I got older---HA HA! No such luck. 30s and 40s are FAST people!
 
11 seconds off? Not too shabby at all, but I know that's not what you wanted. :-)
 
Not bad for a hot and humid race...don't beat yourself up too bad on the 11 seconds, it was miserable conditions. It's kind of like the 1:55 I was off of BQ...we'll both get that point, just wait till the next race!
 
At least the pre-race was uneventful!
 
Congrats... great result, even without hardware. It's been a while since I've done an "easy 8 miles" :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?