Sunday, February 03, 2008

 
Week in Review

I still haven't done my Sunday workout but will be shortly after my daughter wakes up. Goal is to run 5.1 miles and then head to the gym for time on the bike and swimming.

Overall I am dealing with tired legs at this point. This week I will run 30 miles, bike 55 miles and swim 1500 meters. Yesterday I pushed myself a bit with the 6.2 hill run, the 15 mile bike ride and the 600 meter swim.

The biking is the part I dislike the most. Pretty much the bike and I have an understanding and that is we despise each other. Still I need to do as I recover from tendinitis and does make for good cross training.

I have no plans for doing a tri either. I enjoy the training side of it but my focus is on running and doing well on races.

YTD (as of Feb 2nd) here is how I am doing:


YTD Act Goal % Accomplished
Swim 4,000 35,000 11.4%
Bike 192.35 3,000 6.4%
Run 59.65 1,650 3.6%


Swimming is in meters and the biking and running are in miles. I am behind on both biking and running for the overall goals.

Enjoy the day everyone and despite the silly game called the super bowl I do want to point out the UNC tarheels are playing today.

Go Heels!

Comments:
Kurt - Thanks for your kind words!

All the cross training is why I like tri training more than straight running. Mixes things up, less (or maybe just different) stress on the body.

Oh, and I am using the silly game (and my hurt feelings) as an excuse to eat pizza and drink beer. :-)

Hope the run today went well.
 
Hope the biking gets easier!
 
hey kurt...
thanks for stopping by.
seems like you are really getting all you can from your training..

good luck
 
You are right, riding a bike in the gym is a punishment!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?